Success at the Riviera Yacht Support Snow Bonanza 2019
The event returned in 2019 with a bang as we celebrated its 10th anniversary…
The biggest winter snow day for the superyacht industry on the French Riviera returned with a bang in 2019 as we celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Riviera Yacht Support Snow Bonanza. Once again, the superyacht industry gathered in Auron, France, for a full day of networking among crew, managers and a host of industry professionals.
From staying in Antibes, attendees were transported on buses to the slopes, during which they were given breakfast, some information on each of the sponsors and a number of activities to complete during the day. Equipped with a full-day ski pass with insurance, ski hire and an aperitif, attendees hit the slopes for some free skiing, prior to a three-course lunch with wine and coffee.
Having been lucky once again with the weather, the conditions were perfect for a full day on the slopes with attendees having full reign of the ski resort. During the day, the Riviera Yacht Support team had devised a treasure hunt, which not only guided the superyacht professionals around the resort, but placed them in the running for the prize giving.
After lunch industry professionals had the opportunity to challenge one another to a friendly slalom race before the après ski session, with an open bar and generous prize giving ceremony, which ranged from an osteopathy treatment to a ski chalet holiday.
The prize winners were:
- A Seafarer Medical Certificate sponsored by The English Osteopath - Winner: Luke Dix (Deckhand)
- An osteopathy treatment from The English Osteopath - Winner: Martin Gee from Geetech
- So-Sij vouchers from So-Sij Antibes - Winner: The Minions from M/Y Gazella II and Serge Michelet from S/Y Roxane
- The Heinen & Hopman Drawing Challenge - FNAC vouchers sponsored by DeJabs Concierge & Decathlon vouchers sponsored by Pantaenius - Winners: Gael Evans from M/Y Kingdom and the crew from M/Y Grand Illusion
- Best Wipe Out (Male) - Chullunka voucher sponsored by Geetech - Winner: Ryno Nolte from M/Y Grand Illusion
- Best Wipe Out (Female) - Decathlon Voucher sponsored by Sturge - Winner: Angela Dentice from Yacht Accounting Support
- Treasure Hunt - Private brewery tour for 6 people including beer and snacks sponsored by Blue Coast Brewing - Winners: 2 Peas in a Pod (Colin Hamilton from Zephyr Yachting and Gael Evans from M/Y Kingdom 5kr)
Top Male Skier/Boarder - JBL Bluetooth wireless headphones sponsored by Excelerate Marine - Winner:: Martin Collier from InXpress
- Top Female Skier/Boarder - One-night stay for 2 including breakfast and spa access at St Endréol Golf & Spa Resort sponsored by Riviera Radio - Winner: Laura Todorut from De Keizer France
- Best Costume Ladies - A massage and acupuncture session from The English Osteopath - Winner: Melany Valli from M/Y Grand Illusion
-Best Costume Gents - A Michelangelo dinner voucher from OnboardOnline and RYS - Winner: Sam Green from M/Y My Lady Rose
-Best Costume Team - Chalet getaway for 4 people in Chamonix sponsored by Chamonix Ski Chalets - Winners: 'The Ulf's from M/Y My Lady Rose
After an action packed day of skiing, lunch and prizes, attendees were loaded back onto busses for the return trip to Antibes. The Superyacht Group was proud to be a media partners once again for this event. For more information, click here.
Click here to become part of The Superyacht Group community, and join us in our mission to make this industry accessible to all, and prosperous for the long-term. We are offering access to the superyacht industry’s most comprehensive and longstanding archive of business-critical information, as well as a comprehensive, real-time superyacht fleet database, for just £10 per month, because we are One Industry with One Mission. Sign up here.