It’s probably the most repeated truism of our industry: owners are its lifeblood. Retaining owners and attracting new ones is key to the survival of the industry and as such, understanding owner expectations, managing them and ensuring that they continue to enjoy ownership are absolutely fundamental.
Gaining an insight into the opinions of the most important section of the industry—you, the owners—has always been a central aim of The Superyacht Group in order to help paint a clearer picture to the marketplace of your perception of the current state of the industry. Reporting on what you like, what you don’t and what needs to change is important, but so is how you got into superyachts in the first place; the triggers, the catalysts and routes to the market.
While no two owners are the same and every route will be different, any anecdotes and intelligence we gather on how your entered the market, how you have progressed and even why you left perhaps will enable us to create a matrix of drivers, routes, timings and triggers that can be analysed and presented to help the industry grow, improve and deliver better.
We would be hugely appreciative if you could spend five minutes answering the following questions. All answers will be completely anonymous and used as part of a generic intelligence report.
1. At what age did you first start yachting?
2. What was the size of your first ever yacht?
3. How many yachts have you owned since that starting point?
4. What was the catalyst and driver to move into the superyacht (30m-plus) segment?
5. Who did you take advice from in order to move up the ownership ladder?
6. Was the advice useful and valuable?
7. How did you personally research the market to find what you were looking for?
8. Have you ever chartered bigger yachts to gain further experience of the next size of yachts?
9. Have you ever recommended ownership to colleagues and friends?
10. Have you ever considered selling your yacht and leaving the world of ownership? If yes, Why?
NB: Please feel free to make any further comments on how you feel the industry can better understand how to attract and educate brand-new and potential owners.
To submit responses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All answers will be treated confidentially and any data used will be part of an amalgamated piece of research, with all comments and answers remaining anonymous.
If you've found this story to be 'a report worth reading', and you would like to enjoy access to even more articles, insight and information from The Superyacht Group, then you may well be interested in our VIP print subscription offer. We are inviting industry VIPs to register for a complimentary subscription to our print portfolio, which includes the most insightful information on the state of the superyacht market. To see if you qualify for our VIP subscription package, please click here to fill in an application form