Following the sale of the first hull in the YXT series, YXT ONE, Lynx Yachts has appointed Filippo Rossi, formerly of Dalla Pietà Yachts, Floating Life, Arzanà Navi and Fraser Yachts, as sales and marketing manager. SuperyachtNews.com speaks to Rossi about Lynx Yachts and the YXT project.
“My new adventure with Lynx promises to be an exciting challenge. I accepted without hesitation because of the yard's mission and quality,” starts Rossi. “Lynx is investing a considerable amount of effort in research and development, as we all firmly believe in the YXT's potential as a support vessel for superyachts.”
To date the Lynx shipyard has sold one custom superyacht, Heliad II delivered in 2013, and one YXT hull as of 6 January.
“We are extremely confident in the YXT project,” comments Rossi. “From our point of view the YXT is an elegant solution to staying under the 500gt boundary. In order to have greater gross tonnage it usually requires different expenses, different certification and different rules. With the YXT you can stay under 500gt and still have all the extra space.”
Rossi predicts that the YXT in its various different forms, from 24-36m, will account for 75 per cent of Lynx’s business moving forward, with the other 25 per cent focusing on the production of custom superyachts. As well as having three different size options the YXT will be built to two different specifications, a luxury model focussing on the support of motoryachts and a sailing support edition that has specialist facilities to support performance racing vessels.
Rossi also underlined Lynx’s philosophy on building a close working relationship with owners and potential owners. “We don’t want to pitch owners anything other than our experience and the way in which we want to build the yacht,” he says. “The owners should be really involved and can work at the same desk as us if they like.”
If you've found this story to be 'a report worth reading', and you would like to enjoy access to even more articles, insight and information from The Superyacht Group, then you may well be interested in our VIP print subscription offer. We are inviting industry VIPs to register for a complimentary subscription to our print portfolio, which includes the most insightful information on the state of the superyacht market. To see if you qualify for our VIP subscription package, please click here to fill in an application form