Italian superyacht builder Tankoa yachts has released information on the 50m S501, which is on schedule for an April 2017 delivery. Following its sale in February 2015 to an experienced French client, the project has progressed swiftly at the Tankoa facility in Genova since construction started in early May 2015.
At this stage, Tankoa has unveiled renderings of the yachts interiors, designed by Francesco Paszkowski Design Studio and Margherita Casprini. In true Tankoa style the renderings exude contemporary style with a mixture of light and dark materials throughout. Cabins will be fitted with broad doors to promote the impression of large interior spaces and the owner’s cabin has two folding balconies.
The layout has also allowed for significant carriage capacity with an aft tender garage just in front of the large beach club, as well as a tender housed on the upper deck, deployable via a large foredeck crane.
“I have the utmost respect for Francesco Paszkowski for his significant contribution to making Italian yacht design recognised around the world,” comments Michel Karsenti, Tankoa’s sales coordinator. “Working with Francesco has been a great experience. One of the major issues with S501 was to remain with a 50m by 9.4m package under the 500GT mark without having to see the tender outside. And the perfect collaboration between the two allowed us to reach this milestone”.
So far the work on the S501 includes:
- Shaft struts have been installed and laser aligned. The rudder supports have been welded to the bottom and the rudders have been installed
- The hard top is being constructed and is now in the fairing process
- sound insulation in the lower deck, main deck and upper deck
- floating floors have now been completed, as well as the wiring
- Lower deck floors are currently being prepared for joinery, wall panelling is at 95 per cent and the insulation of the furniture has begun
- All engine room equipment has been fitted, insulation and anti vibration metals are in and connections of equipment is underway
If you've found this story to be 'a report worth reading', and you would like to enjoy access to even more articles, insight and information from The Superyacht Group, then you may well be interested in our VIP print subscription offer. We are inviting industry VIPs to register for a complimentary subscription to our print portfolio, which includes the most insightful information on the state of the superyacht market. To see if you qualify for our VIP subscription package, please click here to fill in an application form