19 Mar 2012
Apply now for helicopter permits in French waters
In preparation for the summer season SuperyachtNews is urging the industry to think about applying now for helicopter permits in French waters.
Permits take up to three months to process, so it is imperative to think about application now if owners are wanting to use helicopters in French waters in the Med or in the French owned waters of the Caribbean. Failure to present permits can result in arrests by the French Navy.
The application process is simple and can be done independently of helicopter services companies or management companies. Helidecks Training Solutions is one such company that is facilitating the process of independent application through their website which has instructions for application and a template letter. The letter template is in French and will take off the onus of translating or preparing a letter from English or any other language as the name of the yacht and other specific information can be inputted where appropriate.
After submitting the letter, the yacht will have to supply Pilot's license, annual medical in date, papers of the yacht and other documents.
Helicopters need permits in French waters. Failure to present them can result in arrest
The permit lasts for one year and is subject to certain restrictions.
1. The Helisurface may only be used for occasional flights. Those being private flights, air work or limited public transport in accordance with the limitations issued with the Permit.
2. Occasional use is defined as less than 200 movements per year and less than 20 movements per day.
3. Take off and landing equates to 2 movements.
4. Greater than 20 movements per day may be granted for exceptional and temporary circumstances.
5. Consideration for noise nuisance.
6. Adequate third party insurance.
7. Helicopter transfer points for winch transfer also require a Permit.
Implicit in the permit is that, the owner allows unrestricted ac
8. Implicit in the permit is that, the owner allows unrestricted access by French state representatives responsible for the verification of the requirements of helicopter operations.
Restriction breakdown courtesy of Helidecks Training Solutions
Example of the permit
Helidecks Training Solutions Profile | Helidecks Training Solutions Website
Préfecture maritime de la Méditerranée Website (for Mediterranean applications)
Bureau Action de l’Etat en mer (for Caribbean applications)
Add a comment
Other Business News
SuperyachtNews.com has spoken to Begüm Doğulu, arrested in January on charges of fuel smuggling, who says the charges against her have been dropped. Begüm Yachting continues to operate, therefore, as normal. More
The Australian government is to increase its Carbon Tax rate on marine vessels, from 1 July 2013. It was confirmed to SuperyachtNews.com that superyachts seeking permanent or temporary importation would be subject to the duty. More
After assuming operational control of its most recently acquired shipyard, Peene Werft, on 1 May Lürssen has confirmed to SuperyachtNews.com that it has no intention of moving any superyacht work to the yard. More
A US firm has announced plans to build a 'space hotel' and the world's first covered marina on a man-made island off Barcelona. It features immersive technology offering guests the experience of being in outer space. The mayor of Barcelona has objected on More
- Superyachts in private aviation's Chinese slipstream
- 'Triton' sold at auction for US$11 million
- Jamaica superyacht flag gives competition a run for its money
- Yacht Path faces supervision and investigation under trustee
- Victor Muller: Preserving yachts by building value
- “Company goes free” critique on Costa could be levelled at superyacht sector
Superyacht Intelligence Data
Most Recent Comments
- No steel and captain-less yachts – a viable vision for the future? More
- “Company goes free” critique on Costa could be levelled at superyacht sector More
- Jamaica superyacht flag gives competition a run for its money More
- Michael Payne appointed CEO of Camper & Nicholsons International More
- FMC issues warning on yacht transport More
Nautic Crew International, Inc.
Nautic Crew Intl is a Crew placement company started by yachting professionals that truly care about your future crew because we understand the dynamics of life onboard. When it comes to hiring new crew or looking for a position, Experience the Difference!!
Bond TM is an independent consultancy company for AV, IT, communication, navigation and security systems. We manage new builds and refits projects for the most advanced super yachts and provide to the industry the best 24/7 IT support.
Helkama Bica Oy
Helkama is specializing in development and production of marine and offshore cables. Our experience in this field goes back more than thirty years. We produce only halogen free cables and the cable range include both flame-retardant and fire resistant cables. Helkama marine cables are approved by all major classification societies.
Reckmann Yacht Equipment GmbH
Reckmann Yacht Equipment GmbH is a specialist company for reefing systems, masts and hydraulics and will celebrate the 120th anniversary in 2012. Today, the company is one of the leading producers and traders of headsail reefing equipment and is a synonym for quality, continuity and innovation.
For 40 years Pantaenius has been providing yacht insurance to yacht owners all over the world.
ASEA POWER SYSTEMS
ASEA POWER SYSTEMS is the Marine Industry Leader for Shore Power Conversion equipment ranging in power from 8kVA - 1000kVa.