2 Dec 2010
Drettmann Yachts and Sunrise Yachts join forces
By Rebecca Dark
Drettman Yachts GmbH, Germany,
and Sunrise Yachts, Turkey, have joined forces to bring expertise and resources
from the two companies and to re-launch the Drettmann brand as a fully-fledged
yacht building business.
Herbert Baum and Guillaume
Roché, founders of Sunrise Yachts, met with Claudia and Albert Drettmann for extensive talks that began in summer 2010 and lead to the decision to merge the businesses into
the Drettmann-Sunrise group.
The Drettmans had spent the last 20 years building up the Drettmann Yachts brand and marketing several brands, including the Bandido, Elegance and Premier lines built in major shipyards in Taiwan. The company also operates world-class manufacturing and refit facilities at its headquarters in Bremen. Due to the recession the company began insolvency proceedings in May 2010, which Synfo.com reported on here.
The Drettmann-Sunrise group strategy, in addition to the superyacht designs created by Sunrise Yachts, will introduce new product lines, which will include:
- Drettmann Motoryachts – 20-metre to 37-metre semi-displacement composite constructions
- Drettmann Explorers – 27-metre to 37-metre and above steel & aluminium constructions
- Drettmann Superyachts – 46-metre to 65-metre steel & aluminium constructions by Espen Øino
- Drettmann Classics – 12-metre to 18-metre composite constructions
- Custom motoryacht projects in the 40-metre to 65-metre size range in collaboration with world-class yacht designers
- Refit up to 600 tonnes, to be increased soon to 1,200 tonnes, with current projects including a 41-metre KaiserWerft, a 47-metre Heesen and a 27-metre Kingship
“This strategy is our answer to a definite need in our industry. We are building up a brand that will meet the new expectations of this changing market: a smaller number of clients worldwide, seeking the ultimate value for their investment while unwilling to see the technological sophistication and overall quality standards demonstrated on the world’s best yachts compromised in any way,” states Herbert Baum. “This was precisely our approach at Sunrise Yachts for the last years, and we are very confident we will deliver on the promise. Our ambition is to make Drettmann Yachts one of the most compelling propositions on the market.”
The brand will be launched, together with new yacht designs, at Boot Düsseldorf, Germany’s leading international boat show, between 22-30 January 2011.
Sunrise Yachts - company profile | company website
Drettmann Yachts - company profile | company website
Add a comment
Other Business News
Claasen Shipyards has become the latest Dutch shipyard to join the Holland Yachting Group. As a result Claasen will be welcoming SuperyachtNews.com to the yard as part of the 2013 Yacht Valley Press Tour. More
Ships of the future will be made with steel alternatives and remote controlled by captains on land, said speakers at a recent Lloyd’s List Summit. Although at present a "fiction" for superyachts, some believe remote control, at least, could be s More
The Spanish marina will be upping its voltage capacity more than five times over with power boosted from 400 to 6,600 volts. More
Yacht Path has filed its consent to a trustee, who is expected to scrutinise past and present operations at Yacht Path and recoup payment for creditors. Over US$ 7 million in claims has so far been lodged by creditors for transport services not rendered o More
- Loher facing insolvency if no buyer is found
- Superyachts in private aviation's Chinese slipstream
- 'Triton' sold at auction for US$11 million
- Jamaica superyacht flag gives competition a run for its money
- The social media revolution starts @Superyacht
- “Company goes free” critique on Costa could be levelled at superyacht sector
Superyacht Intelligence Data
Most Recent Comments
- “Company goes free” critique on Costa could be levelled at superyacht sector More
- Jamaica superyacht flag gives competition a run for its money More
- Michael Payne appointed CEO of Camper & Nicholsons International More
- FMC issues warning on yacht transport More
- Creditors demand investigation into 'sordid history' of yacht transport company More
Nautic Crew International, Inc.
Nautic Crew Intl is a Crew placement company started by yachting professionals that truly care about your future crew because we understand the dynamics of life onboard. When it comes to hiring new crew or looking for a position, Experience the Difference!!
For 40 years Pantaenius has been providing yacht insurance to yacht owners all over the world.
Bond TM is an independent consultancy company for AV, IT, communication, navigation and security systems. We manage new builds and refits projects for the most advanced super yachts and provide to the industry the best 24/7 IT support.
ASEA POWER SYSTEMS
ASEA POWER SYSTEMS is the Marine Industry Leader for Shore Power Conversion equipment ranging in power from 8kVA - 1000kVa.
Reckmann Yacht Equipment GmbH
Reckmann Yacht Equipment GmbH is a specialist company for reefing systems, masts and hydraulics and will celebrate the 120th anniversary in 2012. Today, the company is one of the leading producers and traders of headsail reefing equipment and is a synonym for quality, continuity and innovation.
Helkama Bica Oy
Helkama is specializing in development and production of marine and offshore cables. Our experience in this field goes back more than thirty years. We produce only halogen free cables and the cable range include both flame-retardant and fire resistant cables. Helkama marine cables are approved by all major classification societies.